Saturday 21 January 2017

Top 5 Best Bollywood Films Of 21st Century

Top 5 Best Bollywood Films Of 21st Century

In my opinion, bollywood has faced a major change in the 21st century, filmmakers like Anurag Kashyap, Vishal Bhardwaj, Hansal Mehta have been making it even better. Here, I will be telling about My Top 5 Best Bollywood Films Of 21st Century, let's start-

NOTE: I will be following, one per director rule here.

5. ALIGARH


The film that made my list of the best films of 2016, Aligarh is one of the finest films of 2010's, and as far as bollywood is concerned, I will say it, that it is one of the best bollywood films I have ever seen. Hansal Mehta has directed some great films, but this has to be his magnum opus. It is a beautiful little film, but with a strong message. Aligarh is a must watch, if you love great cinema.


4. DIL CHAHTA HAI


Probably the most coolest bollywood film ever made, this film makes you feel for planning a trip with you friends, it so effective and engaging. Dil Chahta Hai, is one of the my favourite bollywood films ever, there is a lot of competition and many people say between this and Zindagi Milegi Na Doobara, and I have to say, this feel more realistic and energetic. Dil Chatha Hai, is a masterpiece, and I won't hesitate to say that.

3. LAGAAN: ONCE UPON A TIME IN INDIA


Lagaan, India's entry to Oscar and infact was even nominated, it is one of the best sports-related films like ever! 2001 was probably the greatest year, or I should say one of the best years for bollywood, and this was the best of it. Lagaan, is emotional and rich. It let's you care for the characters in the film like no other, and as far as quality is concerned, this film is nearly flawless and pure brilliance.

2. OMKARA


Omkara is Indian's adaptation of  William Shakespeare's Othello. This is the second instalment in Bhardwaj's trilogy of Shakespeare, and I have to say it is by far the best. Although, it has a bollywood touch to it, but it completely feels like an unique bollywood film. It is a lot more richer then a lot bollywood films made, the performances, the brilliant writing, this is a true masterpiece, and the one which I won't forget.

1. GANGS OF WASSEYPUR


What else, can I say about this film, I have already expressed my love for it on number of posts, this is not only the best bollywood film of this century, but also my favourite film of this century. This is the only out of the 21st century films, that take place in my top ten favourite films of all time. No film, has done what this film has, it has completely changed the way I look at bollywood films. Anurag Kashyap, is the man in the end, the only director in bollywood, whom I believe and trust.

Now, that wraps up the list, here are some Honourable Mentions - 


  • Khosla Ka Khosla - Dibakar Baneerje's magnum opus.
  • Masaan - A very special and elegant bollywood film.
  • Paan Singh Tomar - Tigmanshu Dhulia's masterpiece.
  • A Wednesday - Neeraj Pandey's sensational debut.
  • The Lunchbox - A hollywood level bollywood film.
  • Hera Pheri - One of the best comedies I have ever seen.
  • Rang De Basanti - Om Prakash Mehra's magnum opus.
  • Lootera - Now, that is how a love story should be made.
  • Munna Bhai MBBS - Rajkumar Hirani's first but the best.
  • Ship Of Theseus - The best dramatic film of bollywood?
  • Highway - Imtiaz Ali's best for me.
  • Raincoat - Another great love-story from bollywood.
Thanks For Reading!

So, What is your favourite bollywood film of 21st century?

Don't forget to give a feedback!

-Vastik Mishra



No comments:

Post a Comment